Friday 19 January 2018

Getting interested

Teaching guitar to a 4 / 5 years old kid
    Getting interested
    Buying a guitar
    My teaching method 



⬆C/G are reduced versions.

  On a sunny Saturday in the end of August, we went to our nearby park.
  After we had fun, it was time to go home.
  Then, my kid spot a young lady playing her classic guitar.
  "What's that?" . So I told him to go there and see the lady play.
  Kindly, the lady gave him her pick to try. Of course, a 4 years boy could not do much...
  On the way back home he showed interest in the guitar, and I told him we had one at home.
  Soon, it became clear that he could not play my full size and relatively heavy electric guitar.
  At the time, I was not sure for how long his interest on guitar would last.

  Learning a musical instrument is exciting. You can develop many skills such as moving your fingers, learn the rhythm of songs, and also how to read the symbols on a music book.
  So, I wanted him to learn. However, it's also true that a guitar is not an easy to learn instrument. You need to practice, and practice, and practice, and it will take much of your time, maybe months until you can do something.
  If you don't have a strong will, you will fail.

  And I don't want my kid to learn how to fail, specially as a very young boy.

  So, I decided to wait to see if would not loose his interest while trying to play with the electric guitar.


No comments:

Post a Comment